Premium BSE detector
Premium BSE detector is our highest performance Si-based detector for materials science, geology and industrial applications.
A four-quadrant sensor geometry is used, coupled with four independent in-situ preamplifiers, to give full flexibility for the traditional COMPO and TOPO modes, or the new calibrated 3D measurement mode with topographic reconstruction.
A motorised insertion/retraction mechanism is included, with alignment table for the left/right and up/down directions, and bellows for reliable vacuum. An optional MICS-4 amplifier can be embedded into the detector, for a fully self-contained detector with quantitative amplification, independent brightness and contrast controls, and hardware signal mixing.
Quantitative BSE (qBSE)
- map density with high-spatial resolution
- characterise distribution of phases
- reveal crystallography with orientation contrast
- analyse 3D surfaces and complex surfaces
- monitor in-situ reactions, including high-temperature
- characterise milling and depoisition in FIB-SEM